Farewell to a Founding Board Member
This month, the Williston Coyote Foundation Board of Directors sadly accepted the resignation of one of its board members, Marg McKennett. We want to thank Marg for her service to the Williston Coyote Foundation over the past 25 years. Her dedication is truly remarkable, and we will miss her wisdom and guidance.
Marg McLaughlin McKennett graduated from Williston High School in 1964. After graduation, she attended Williston State College for one year, and then she completed her Bachelors of Science in Education degree at UND. She married Dick McKennett while still attending college and taught school for one year in Grand Forks while Dick finished law school. They moved back to Williston in 1969, and had twin daughters Denise and Dawn. Marg was a stay at home mom all through the years. She was active in the many school, church, and community functions of her husband and daughters’.
We wish her nothing but the best!
THANK YOU, MARG!
- Dennis Peterson, Class of 1952, died 9/1/2017, in Woodville, WI
- Mary Frances Compton Tank, Class of 1941, died 8/1/2017, in Colorado
- Donald Carr, died 8/30/2017, in Williston, ND
- Claire Stoner, Class of 1970, died 9/15/2017, in Sidney, MT
- Robert Keck, class of 2001, died 9/15/2017, in Sidney, MT
- Deanne "Dee" Black, Class of 1977, died 9/21/2017, in Kalispell, MT
- Norma Jean Oyen, donor of three separate scholarships through the Coyote Foundation, died 9/18/2017, in Rochester, MN
If you know of any alumni deaths that we missed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Gifts to the Foundation
- Deb and Rob Kemp, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Rod and Mary O'Mara, in memory of Terry Irgens
- Floyd and Jeanne Olson, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Diane Hagen, in memory of Terry Irgens
- Clyde and Janell Sailer, in memory of Ben McIvor
- Russel and Paula Schilke, in memory of Tom Neubauer
- Floyd and Lyla Semenko, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Gary and Leora Sukut, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Del and Lorna Easton, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Ardean and Coke Aafedt, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Suzanne Lervick, in memory of Darlene Leinen
- Russel and Paula Schilke, in memory of Donna (Aal) Hatton-Olson, Pat Ferrell, and Connie Jupka
- James Leinen, in memory of Daryl Pederson
- Floyd and Lyla Semenko, in memory of Daryl Pederson
- Lowell and Carol Jean Sandvik, in memory of Daryl Pederson
- Gary and Doreen Knutson, in memory of Daryl Pederson
- Frank and Barb Underhill, in memory of Norma Oyen
- M & J Kaiser Foundation, for the Class of 1980 Memorial Scholarship
- Service First Cleaning & Restoration, as a donor-specified gift to Williston Public Schools
- Bob Torgerson, as a donor-specified gift to Williston Public Schools
Mineral Donation To Williston Coyote Foundation
The Williston Coyote Foundation has received a gift of mineral interest in Williams County. The gift was made in memory of Earl Casswell Barker by Jody Deven Reeder Brown, his granddaughter, and her husband, Joseph Gary Brown.
Ms. Brown decided to donate the minerals to the Coyote Foundation so that the revenue could be used to help local schools. She and her husband said that they are happy to be able to give the minerals back to the local community.
We are thrilled to receive such an amazing gift!
Did you know???
We do so much more than scholarships at the Williston Coyote Foundation. We also look for ways to help the schools through unrestricted funds donated to our Foundation, grants written on behalf of the schools, and donor-specific gifts.
This month alone, we received two large, donor-specified gifts that are going directly to Williston Public Schools.
This year we have also received numerous grant dollars from the Robert Herman Family Foundation to fund things like the STEM program at WHS, the Diesel Tech program at WHS, flexible seating in the elementary schools, technology for special needs classrooms, and more.
We also received an in-kind donation from ACME Tools in Williston. They gave us a large lot of tools for the Buildings and Trades classes at Williston High School.
If you or your company would like to know more about ways you can help Williston Public Schools, please feel free to contact us at the Williston Coyote Foundation. We would love to visit with you about how your donation can be used for the benefit of the schools, students, and staff of WPSD #1.
As always, your donations are tax-deductible and very much appreciated. You can donate conveniently online or can mail any donations to our address listed below. We could not continue our mission of promoting and supporting Williston Public School District #1 without the help of our generous donors!