Bakken Elementary Receives Donation
The system, which costs over $45,000, will be completed before the start of the 2017-2018 school year thanks to an anonymous donation to the Coyote Foundation.
The donor cited the efforts of the students as the main motivation for covering the rest of the cost. They were so impressed with the students dedication to their school, that they came through with the rest of the necessary dollars to make the students' mission a reality.
We are so thankful for all of our generous donors, who help us promote and support Williston Public Schools! Go Coyotes!
Coyote Reunion Update
The Class of 1997 held their 20 year class reunion this July, with events Friday and Saturday evening at the UMVF. They also held the 1st Annual Dana Ebel Memorial Golf Tournament for their classmate who passed away recently. What a great tribute to an amazing Coyote alumni! Congratulations to the Class of 1997! Above is their group photo from Saturday night of their reunion fun.
This summer, the Classes of 1967, 1987, and 1997 have come home to Williston to celebrate their school memories and friends. Still coming this fall, the Class of 1977 and 2007, both set to celebrate during Homecoming!
(If you have information, please pass it along to us so we can share!!!)
We've also received word that the Class of 1968 is ahead of the game and planning their reunion for July 27th and 28th of 2018! Impressive! Their contact people are Linda Corner, Candy Tesoro, and Pat Hagen!
- Martha (Brunelle) Njos, Class of 1961, died 7/7/2017, in Bismarck, ND
- James Stannard,Class of 1952, died 7/1/2017, in Colorado Springs, CO
- Elmer "Jimmie" Jorgenson, Class of 1937, died 7/4/2017, in Williston, ND
- Ron Thue, long-time teacher, died 7/6/2017, in Williston, ND
- Jennifer Huwe, Class of 1998, died 6/30/2017, in Trenton, ND
- Daryl "Petey" Pederson, Class of 1967 (and former school board member), died 7/16/2017, in Williston, ND
- Gene "Slim" Williams, Class of 1955, died 6/30/2017, in Killeen, TX
- Ben McIvor, Class of 1990, died 7/29/2017, in Mesa, AZ
- Lowell "Tom Justin" Onstad, Class of 1965, died 6/22/2017, in Las Vegas, NV
If you know of any alumni deaths that we missed, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Gifts to the Foundation
- Ted Hopgood, proceeds from the sale of his book The Boys of 1954
- David and Gay Williamson, for the boys and girls swim team
- Robert Herman Family Foundation
- Diane Hagen, in memory of Gene Williams and Ron Thue
- Clyde and Janell Sailer, in memory of Ron Thue and Ken Stelzmiller
- Ardean and Coke Aafedt, in memory of James Stannard and Ron Thue
- Joyce Krabseth, in memory of Ron Thue
- Del and Lorna Easton, in memory of Ron Thue
- Sheri Johnson, in memory of Ron Thue
- Frank and Barb Underhill, in memory of Ron Thue
- Dave and Deb Richter, in memory of Ron Thue
- Darrel and Kathy Ahman, in memory of Ron Thue
- S.A. or Amy Reep, in memory of Ron Thue
- Ricky Kittleson, in memory of Ron Thue
- Beverly Talian, in memory of Ron Thue
- Ron and Elizabeth Lund, in memory of Ron Thue
- Dean and Judith Hammer, in memory of Ron Thue
- Lowell and Carol Jean Sandvik, in memory of Ron Thue
- E. Privrartsky, in memory of Ron Thue
- Gary and Doreen Knutson, in memory of Ron Thue
- Bryan and Julie Kirchhoff, in memory of Ron Thue
- Delany Distributors, in memory of Ron Thue
- John and Cathy Schmitz, in memory of Ron Thue and Daryl Pederson
- Gerald and JoAnne Christensen, in memory of Daryl Pederson
- Boone and Susan Herring, in memory of Daryl Pederson
- Alan and Debra Fedorenko, in memory of Annie Barkie, Sam Benth, and Daryl Pederson
- Floyd and Jeanne Olson, in memory of Gene "Slim" Williams
- Elaine Sommers, in memory of Terry Irgens
- David and Gay Williamson, in memory of Terry Irgens
Longtime WPSD #1 Educator Passes Away
The Coyote Family lost one of its own on July 6th, 2017, as Ron Thue, former history teacher at Williston Junior High, passed away in Williston.
During his 40 year tenure with Williston Public School District #1, Mr. Thue impacted so many young Coyotes in the classroom and on the court as a basketball coach and official.
His family has requested that any memorial donations be directed to the Williston Coyote Foundation, a fitting way to continue to support the Coyote Family in the same way he had done the majority of his life.
As per their wishes, we have placed the funds into the George Amsden Memorial New Teacher Grant, which gives 1st year teachers in the district a stipend to purchase classroom supplies.
If you would like to make a donation in honor of Mr. Thue, please do so on our website or by sending a check to our address listed below. We are grateful for his decision to help the Coyote Family one last time.
Rest Easy, Mr. Thue.
We are constantly working on updating at the Coyote Foundation. We're still working on getting more addresses, so if you have friends who aren't getting our emails, please have them email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can update their contact information in our databases.
We also keep updating our website in an effort to bring you even more news and content from Williston Public Schools! If you haven't checked it out already, you can head to www.willistoncoyotefoundation.com!
We've got photos and bios of our scholarships, a form to update contact information, pictures and information for each of our board members, and so much more!
You can even donate conveniently online on our website if you are interested in doing so! We also accept donations mailed to us at the following address:
Williston Coyote Foundation
PO Box 1407
Williston, ND 58802-1407
If you would like to donate to the Williston Coyote Foundation, please click the link below or mail your check to the address listed below. We can direct your donation as you see fit! If you are interested in starting a scholarship in memory of a loved one, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call the office at 701-572-8797.