Bond Referendum Set for April 9th
Voters in Williston Public School District #1 will be asked to go to the polls once again to decide whether to add on to the high school and build 2 new elementary schools. In order to accomplish this feat, voters will be asked to support a $60 million bond referendum AND increase the existing building fund mil levy from 10 to 20 mils.
The graphics below highlight important information for voters: THE COST and THE PLAN.
In Loving Memory:
- Verona (Wegley) Lechler, Class of 1958
- Elizabeth Adamson, Class of 2007
- Cleo (Overstreet) Lowe, Class of 1960
- Joan (Sundby) Bekkedahl, Class of 1951
- Deb (Kanta) Hoffman, Class of 1975
- John Foughner, Class of 1949
- Olga (Johnson) Sundet, Class of 1934
Gifts to the Foundation:
- Carol and Lowell Sandvik, in memory of Dean Hermes
- David and Gay Williamson, in memory of Dean Hermes, Darlene and Jim Leinen
- Lloyd and Connie Teske, in memory of Scott Lippert
- Diane Stockman, for the Donald and Josephine Stockman Memorial Scholarship
- Diane Hagen, in memory of Dean Hermes
- James Babb and Gail Migliorini, in memory of Rose Johnson -- for the Alfred and Jennie Solberg Memorial Scholarship
- Arvid and Judy Johnson, in memory of Katie Hughes
- David and Veanna Selid, in memory of Katie Hughes
- Paul and Kristi Beauchman, in memory of Todd Gaudreau
- John and DaVee MacMaster, for the Neva MacMaster Memorial English Teacher Scholarship and the Bud MacMaster Memorial Teacher/Coach Scholarship, in memory of Duane Anderson, Joan Bekkedahl, Steve Ogurchak
- Aileen "Fay" Carlson Behm, in memory of Verona Wegley Lechler
- Bonnie and Paul Bennett, in memory of Dean Hermes and Joyce Landes
- Gene and Tammy Johnson, in memory of Randy Everson
- Sonny and Patricia Hanson, for the Oliver and Hilda Hanson Memorial Scholarship in memory of Joan Bekkedahl
- Craig McIvor, for the Ben McIvor Memorial Scholarship, in memory of Jim Leinen, Scott Lippert, Todd Gaudreau, Cleo Lowe, and Joan Bekkedahl
- Anonymous donation to Legends Field in memory of Dean Hermes
- Roger and Sandy Kohlman, in memory of Dean Hermes
- Mary and Preston Persson, for the Mary Persson Pursuit of Excellence Teacher Scholarship
- Angela Palmer, in memory of Joan Bekkedahl
- Debra (Fougner) Pankow, in memory of John Fougner
- Luella Krabseth, in memory of Joan Bekkedahl
- Stan and Amy Reep, in memory of Joan Bekkedahl
- Tate and Jody Cymbaluk, in memory of Joan Bekkedahl
- Roger and Paula Cymbaluk, in memory of Joan Bekkedahl
- Next Home Fredricksen Real Estate, in memory of Elizabeth Adamson
- Tyler and Marie Persson, for the Mary Persson Pursuit of Excellence Teacher Scholarship
- Dick and Marg McKennett, in memory of Jane McNabb
- Karla Olson, for the Leslee Bublitz Memorial Scholarship
- Julie Wrolson, for the WHS Class of 1980 Memorial Scholarship
Absentee Voting Information -- You can vote now at the WPSD#1 office!
Did You Know?
We do so much more than scholarships at the Williston Coyote Foundation. We also look for ways to help the schools through unrestricted funds donated to our Foundation, grants written on behalf of the schools, and donor-specific gifts.
We are thrilled to announce that we have set up two qualified charitable endowments through the Williston Coyote Foundation: The Nadine Sukut Bloomquist Memorial Endowment and the John and Cathy Schmitz Endowment for the Betterment of Williston Schools. The State of North Dakota offers a tax credit for donations of $5000 or more to a qualified endowment, and we would be happy to discuss how your donation can be utilized in the best possible way for both you and the schools, students, and teachers at WPSD #1!
If you or your company would like to know more about ways you can help Williston Public Schools, please feel free to contact us at the Williston Coyote Foundation. We would love to visit with you about how your donation can be used for the benefit of the schools, students, and staff of WPSD #1.
As always, your donations are tax-deductible and very much appreciated. You can donate conveniently online or can mail any donations to our address listed below. We could not continue our mission of promoting and supporting Williston Public School District #1 without the help of our generous donors!