Scholarship Winners Announced
The 2017 Williston Coyote Foundation Awards Night is in the books, and it was an outstanding first ceremony at the new high school. What a fantastic theater they have! 54 students were on hand to receive scholarships, and a total of $50,350 was awarded this year, spread amongst 73 scholarships.
In honor of the first awards night in the new facility, we added a slideshow with photos of the people for whom our scholarships are named (as many as we could find), and those photos can be found on our Facebook page—Williston Coyote Foundation—or by clicking the link below.
We want to extend our sincerest gratitude to all of our generous donors who make our Awards Night possible! We have set the bar high for all public school foundations in the region/state. Our students are very fortunate to have the opportunity for scholarships that they do. So THANK YOU!!!!
If you would like to donate to an existing scholarship, set up a scholarship of your own, or memorialize a loved one or classmate, please contact us at email@example.com. As always, your gifts are tax deductible!
- Annie Barkie, Class of 1983, died 5/15/2017, in Williston, ND
- Delores (Schmidt) Ouse, Class of 1948, died 5/9/2017, in Grand Forks, ND
- Delores (Miller) Skaare, Class of 1947, died 5/9/2017, in Williston, ND
- Vern Leroy "Sam" Benth, Class of 1982, died 5/2/2017, in Williston, ND
- Grace (Birkland) Neubauer, Class of 1959, died 5/3/2017, in Williston, ND
- Marc Schwede, Class of 1982, died 5/10/2017, in Bismarck, ND
- Mary (Schmitt) McKenzie, Class of 1945, died 5/25/2017, in Williston, ND
If you know of any alumni deaths that we missed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Gifts to the Foundation
- Tom and Liz Cantarine, for the WHS Class of 1962 Memorial Scholarship
- Amazon Smile, from those who select the Williston Coyote Foundation as their charity of choice!
- Elaine Sommers, in memory of Jeanette Doeden Dullum
- Tom and Helen Carey, in memory of Bob Sevde and Allan Chapman
- Paula and Russell Schilke, in memory of Grace Neubauer
- Marlene and Fred Roberts, in memory of Bob Sevde
- Dick and Marg McKennett, in memory of Jeanette Doeden Dullum
- Mary Conlin-Warner, in memory of Addie Stenehjem
- Randy and Leslie Hanson, in memory of Annie Barkie
- Richard and Joyce Findlay
- Delbert and Susan Hagen
- Doug and Donnette Taylor, for the Taylor Family Community & Citizenship Award (scholarship)
- Williston High School Students from Christmas Kindness, for the Leslee Bublitz Memorial Scholarship
Summer of 2017 Class Reunion Update
(If you have information, please pass it along to us so we can share!!!)
Class of 1967:
Weekend of June 30th - July 1st; Dorothy Rolfstad is the contact person. Her email is VykingLdy@aol.com.
They have a pool party/gathering planned for Friday night, bus tours on Saturday, and an evening at the "Teen Canteen" for Saturday night!
Class of 1977:
I've heard they are planning for Homecoming weekend, but this isn't confirmed yet.
Class of 1987:
Weekend of June 30th-July 1st, contact person is Karen Krenz. Events planned:
Class float in 4th of July Parade on Saturday morning, Thursday night Street Dance (public event), Friday evening meal at Lucy Lu's (donated by Dr. Ashton), Saturday tour of the new high school, Saturday evening at the Midway with appetizers and live band
Reunion Website: http://www.whsclassof87.myevent.com/3/online_payment.htm?1481167890
Class of 1997:
Weekend of July 21st-22nd, contact person is Jill Kjorstad. Her email address is email@example.com.
Class of 2007:
Weekend of Oct. 6th and 7th—Homecoming!
Shannon Bachmeier is the contact person! Class float in the Homecoming Parade, and tailgating at the football field to follow on Friday!
We've also received word that the Class of 1968 is ahead of the game and planning their reunion for July 27th and 28th of 2018! Impressive! Their contact people are Linda Corner, Candy Tesoro, and Pat Hagen!
If you would like to donate to the Williston Coyote Foundation, please click the link below or mail your check to the address listed below. We can direct your donation as you see fit! If you are interested in starting a scholarship in memory of a loved one, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 701-572-8797.