WHS Close-Up Trip 2017
64 Williston High School seniors had the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C. this month for the 2017 Close-Up Trip. The Williston Coyote Foundation donated to their trip, helping defray some of the costs while they were in D.C.
According to their advisor, Mr. Chris Mack, the program "consists of activities designed to introduce students to the history, politics, and culture of the nation's capitol."
We are happy to be able to invest in educational opportunities like this for our Williston Public School students! The names of the students pictured are listed below.
From left to right, Back row: Tyler Norpel, Chris Flores, Sawyer Hanson, Ryan Brurud, Curtis Helde, Halsten Thompson, Robert Krom, Matthew Smith, Colten Gutknecht, Dylan Borseth, Jonte LaDue, Tate Ferrell, Josh Grindeland, Triten Teske, Bailey Bethke, Sean McIntyre, Jamie Kohler. Next row: Chenoa Bumpus, Brooks Hodenfield, Megan Michels, Baylee Hanson, Peyton Slapnicka, Summer Smith, Taya Helstad, Emily Richter, Addison Cymbaluk, Kendra Taylor. Next row: Keaton Mack, Amy Crozier, Katie Matlock, Kailey Woodhams, Josie Falcon, Sophie Tkachyk, Shannon Semenko, Aliyah Osborn. Next row: Darian Haug, Maddy McLees, Felicia Paine, Jana Mischke, Claire Erickson, Jocci Lysne, George Callan, Bethanie Pippin, Carly Collings. Next row: Ella Pederson, Addie Mortenson, Alysse Ogaard, Hope Allen, Caitlyn Hunter, Toni Tanck, Bria Goldade, Tori Wenke, Josh Cullen. Front row: Cheyla Bruce, Raghen Lucy, Jenna Albert, Ailei Currier, Jami Wells, Jacie Kohler, Emma Abelmann, Steph Brackey.
- Sylvia "Rustad" Shae, Class of 1947, died 3/7/2017 in Minot, ND
- Allan Chapman, Class of 1956, died 3/5/2017, in Williston, ND
- Lori Kirschenmann, Class of 1975, died 2/7/2017, in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Vicki "Jorgenson" Flagg, Class of 1970, died 3/3/2017 in Gilbert, AZ
- Wanda "Storm" Knutson, Class of 1936, died 3/16/2017 in Bozeman, MT
- Kenneth Stelzmiller, longtime WHS teacher, died 3/16/2017 in Culbertson, MT
- Dorne Solberg, Class of 1952, died 3/10/2017 in Casper, WY
- John Holter, Class of 1963, died 3/15/2017 in Williston, ND
- Holly "Haugen" Stoval, Class of 1968, died 3/17/2017 in Cleveland, OH
Gifts to the Foundation
- Julie Engberg-Wrolson, for the Class of 1980 Memorial Scholarship
- Paula and Russell Schilke, in memory of Allan Chapman
- Roger and Sandy Kohlman, in memory of Randy Slais
- R.J. Miller, in memory of Oliver Bekkedahl
- Randy Miller, from the Classic Coyotes proceeds
- Williston Volunteer Fire Department, for the Williston Volunteer Fire Department Community Scholarship
- Linda and Michael Voosen, in memory of Kenn Skadeland
- Jan and Steve Sell, in memory of Kenn Skadeland
- Patti and Larry Hanson, in memory of Dr. Jerry Olson
- Mary Conlin-Warner, in memory of Randy Slais
- Ted Hopgood, from _The Boys of 1954_ proceeds
- Rod and Mary O'Mara, in memory of Steve Skjei
- Bob and Marilyn Austreim, in memory of Allan Chapman
- Mark and Laurie Wrolson, in memory of Ken Stelzmiller
Summer of 2017 Class Reunion Update
(If you have information, please pass it along to us so we can share!!!)
Class of 1967:
Weekend of June 30th-July 1st; Dorothy Rolfstad is the contact person. Her email address is VykingLdy@aol.com.
They have a pool party/gathering planned for Friday night, bus tours on Saturday, and an evening at the "Teen Canteen" for Saturday night!
Class of 1977:
I've heard they are planning for Homecoming weekend, but this isn't confirmed yet.
Class of 1987:
Weekend of June 30th-July 1st, contact person is Karen Krenz. Events planned:
Class float in 4th of July Parade on Saturday morning, Thursday night Street Dance (public event), Friday evening meal at Lucy Lu's (donated by Dr. Ashton), Saturday tour of the new high school, Saturday evening at the Midway with appetizers and live band
Reunion Website: http://www.whsclassof87.myevent.com/3/online_payment.htm?1481167890
Class of 1997:
Weekend of July 21st-22nd, contact person is Jill Kjorstad. Her email address is email@example.com.
Class of 2007:
Weekend of Oct. 6th and 7th—Homecoming!
Shannon Bachmeier is the contact person! Details to follow!
We've also received word that the Class of 1968 is ahead of the game and planning their reunion for July 27th and 28th of 2018! Impressive! Their contact people are Linda Corner, Candy Tesoro, and Pat Hagen!
2017 Awards Night 2017 Set
Our 2017 Awards Night is officially on the calendar for May 10th, 2017, at the new Williston High School theater. We are excited to begin a new era of Awards Nights in the new facility.
One of the things we hope to add to the ceremony is a picture of each person who has a scholarship in his/her honor/memory. If you are the donor of a scholarship in memory of your loved one, please consider helping us with this request so we can highlight the amazing men and women who have made our scholarship program possible. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have!
We are also adding a link for each scholarship on our Scholarships page on the Williston Coyote Foundation website. There alumni, students, and friends of the Foundation can check out the scholarships we have available and can learn more about the people/families behind them!
"Classic Coyote" Apparel To Benefit the Coyote Foundation
Coyote Alumni Randy Miller, Class of 1977, has created an online store especially for the sale of "Classic Coyote" merchandise. The store will have a variety of Coyote items, including specific pieces for class reunions!
If you are in the planning stages of your reunion, consider supporting a fellow Coyote. While doing so, you will be supporting the Coyote Foundation, as a portion of the proceeds is being donated to the foundation!
If you would like to donate to the Williston Coyote Foundation, please click the link below or mail your check to the address listed below. We can direct your donation as you see fit! If you are interested in starting a scholarship in memory of a loved one, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call the office at 701-572-8797.